Do You Want 14 Bad Tech Habits To Break In 2014

Tuesday

Thanks to smartphones, cloud technology and social networks, we can take the Internet with us everywhere these days. The down side–we can take the Internet with us everywhere these days.

1) I will stop checking email before bed, right when I wake up and in bed in general.
2) I will turn-off all email notifications.
3) I will not use my iPhone or Android as a social crutch.
4) I will talk more and text less.
5) If a person does not answer my call, I will not leave a voicemail—that’s what texts are for.
6) I will not use my smartphone in the following places:
- in the gym
- in an elevator
- in a crosswalk
- in the checkout line
- in the drivers seat
- in the restroom

7) I will not use hashtags outside of Twitter, and when I do, it will be solely for trending topics (say no to #stopwritingstupidhashtags)
8) I will limit my Instagram posts to one photo per event/setting.
9) I will not check Facebook more than 3 times a day.
       Tip: Download Anti-Social–the program will block social networks like Facebook and Twitter but still let you access the rest of the Web.
10) I will not Google facts, dates, actors’ names, or anything else in the presence of other people.
11) I will not show people Memes in public

12) I will unsynch my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts because people don’t need to see the same post on three different platforms.
13) I will delete enough email to keep my pile of unread Gmail messages below five-figures–because seeing you have 10,000 unread emails is just plain overwhelming.
14) I will stop writing click-bait, listicle-style Web stories. (But hey, it’s not 2014 yet, so I better get them in while I still can. Happy New Year everyone.

Read More: http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2013/12/23/14-bad-tech-habits-to-break-in-2014/

No comments:

Post a Comment